After a 5 1/2 year hiatus from the agency world, I’m back!
Some people reading this know my story, but if you don’t here’s 15 years boiled down to a few bullets.
- Started at a small web design company in 1999
- My wife and I were the first two employees of Spunlogic in 2001
- I conceived and grew Spunlogic’s User Experience practice (what we were ultimately know for)
- I left Spunlogic about two weeks before they were purchased by Engauge in 2008
- I left to partner with great friends in an incredible fitness center called X3 Sports
- We’ve grown X3 to three Atlanta locations and are about to blow up by allowing others to license the brand around the nation
So why am I leaving X3 to start a new digital agency? Am I crazy?
I love the X3 brand and what we’ve created, but the entrepreneur in me was calling. About 5 months ago, Jeff Hilimire wrote a post on his blog that was the catalyst for everything. He challenged his interns to answer the question, “In 15 years, I want to…” and it really got me thinking about how I wanted to shape the next years of my life.
I believe my mission is to “create & build great people and organizations, while experiencing life with my family”. Jeff’s post was a calling to build something of my own.
This is also a great time because marketing and technology are evolving at a rapid pace. I have an opportunity to disrupt the industry by create an awesome agency from the ground up that is nimble and designed for the future of digital marketing.
So I’m doing it. I’m starting a new digital agency.
I’m going to use this blog to give everyone an insiders view of what goes into starting a new business from scratch. Not just theories, but an unfiltered look into decisions, the ups and downs, and lessons learned.
If you’ve ever thought of starting a business, this is your chance to live vicariously through me. ***If you have questions you want answered or topics I should blog about, add them to the comments.***
I officially make the switch over from X3 on Oct 1st, but I’m laying the groundwork now. If you want to follow along, please subscribe to the blog to get notified of new posts.
I hope you enjoy the ride with me.
Oh, you might be wondering what the name is, what we’ll focus on, etc. I’ll reveal that in my next post